What To Do If You are Involved in an Automobile Accident
While still at the scene
- STAY CALM – this may be difficult, but extremely important
- Make sure everyone is OK – Call 911 if needed
- If you can safely do so, take pictures of the damage to all involved vehicles or property damaged
- If the vehicles are drivable and there are no injuries, move the vehicles to the shoulder of the road
- If parts of a vehicle fell off during the accident, move them out of the roadway (only if it is completely safe to do so)
- Get the following information from the other party(ies):
- Name and phone number
- Insurance information (if possible also take a picture of the other party(ies) insurance card)
- Driver’s license information (including address) (if possible also take a picture of the other party(ies) drivers license)
Once you are at an alternate location
- Call your insurance company and turn in the claim (or the other party(ies) insurance company if needed). See our list of claims numbers.
- Call your agent if you have any questions about the claims process or need additional assistance.
If you are a TMIB client call 310.828.9662 and ask to speak to a claims representative.