- General Liability
- Bars & Restaurants
- Business Auto Insurance
- Commercial Earthquake Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Property Damage Coverage
- Umbrella & Excess Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation
- Business Insurance Quote
- Life/Group Health
- TMIB Blog
- Fun Stuff
- About TMIB
Earlier this week, TMIB had our Facebook “likes” lunch. TMIB will donate $300.00 to Upward Bound as a result of the number of “likes” we received during a 3 month period. Thank you to all of our staff, clients, family and friends for supporting our contest and the Upward Bound group of Santa Monica.
Earth Day April 22nd
First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day commemorates the importance of nature and reminds us all that we should do our part to take care of our planet.
TMIB encourages each of our customers to make a pledge to do more to protect the environment not only on Earth Day but throughout the year. Below are a few easy ways to make your community better.
- Reusable bags: Plastic, single use grocery bags are one of the worst types of litter. Difficult to break down, plastic bags can wreak havoc on the environment. One of the easiest ways to reduce the number of plastic bags polluting the environment is to switch to reusable bags. Many markets and shops now sell canvas bags for a small fee (usually around $1-2). These bags are extremely sturdy and can be reused for months or years. (Be sure to keep them clean!)
- Reduce your carbon footprint: It’s no secret that LA is a “driving city”. The archetype of urban sprawl, LA unfortunately has relatively few public transportation options. While most trips require a car, try to limit how often you drive. Cutting down on driving will reduce your carbon footprint while also decreasing smog in LA. For short trips, try to walk or take your bike. Carpool when you can.
- Clean up your community: If you want to do something on Earth Day to better the environment, try cleaning up your favorite outdoor spot in LA. You’ll get to give back to your community while simultaneously getting a day in the sun.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 310-828-9662.
Tegner-Miller Insurance Brokers is again co-sponsoring a community jog-a-thon on May 3rd!
McKinley’s Annual Jog-a-Thon raises money to support the children of McKinley Elementary School in Santa Monica.
Money raised directly assists children at the school by funding PE, art lessons and providing classroom supplies.
If you know a child at McKinley Elementary School, you can sponsor a runner by pledging money for each lap he/she runs or by pledging a flat payment for the race.
Please follow the instructions at the following address to make a donation: http://www.mckinleyevents.com/jogathon.html
If you’re in the mood for something different and off the beaten path, or a place that embodies the spirit of the community that surrounds it, I will happily suggest such a place. At Oscar’s Cerveteca you are rewarded with a menu that reflects a rich family history and is infused with modern organic farm food. You’ll find everything from seafood to ribs, vegetarian dishes to the Chorizo Burger (my personal favorite) and a diverse selection of side plates that go well with any main entrée. If you want selection not only when it comes to food, the list of beers and wine will surely treat any craving.
The open kitchen is where the energy is. Sitting at the counter you can watch the cooks hard at work perfecting each and every dish. You get a great appreciation for the time and effort that has gone into making this place a truly sought after local restaurant. Oscar’s Cerveteca on Rose has bridged the gap between Main Street and Lincoln and brought an abundance of life to its Venice neighborhood.
If you enjoy Oscar’s Cerveteca and want to experience more of what they have to offer, try next door’s Venice Beach Wines. It’s a perfect setting to kick back and relax with a glass of something to your liking.
We are fortunate to have Oscar’s Cerveteca as one of our restaurant clients and look forward to watching them grow as a business within their community. Make sure you swing by and try it for yourself.
523 Rose Ave
Venice, CA 90291
Have you ever asked yourself the following questions?
- Do I have my paycheck insured?
- What happens if I become injured or sick and can’t pay my bills?
- How long could I go on a financial “vacation”, with NO income coming into the household?
- Do I have group long term disability coverage through my employer, do I know how it works and what coverage limits are available?
A long term disability can be emotionally and financially devastating to you and your family.
Please call Tegner-Miller Insurance Brokers at 310-828-9662 for more information and for a review of your current disability coverage.
If you are buying insurance for the first time, the whole process can seem extremely expensive. Between homeowner’s and auto insurance, along with many other more specialized policies, you might feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount you will need to pay.
Insurance companies are constantly competing to offer the best discounts in order to entice more customers to purchase their policies. Some of these discounts are self-explanatory. For example, perhaps the best discount in terms of amount saved is the “Multi Policy Discount” offered by many insurance companies. This discount will cut as much as 20% off your insurance rates if you purchase both your homeowner’s and auto insurance from the same insurance company.
While the logic behind Multi Policy Discounts is obvious, other discounts might surprise you. Below, Tegner-Miller Insurance Brokers has included three lesser -known insurance policy discounts that you can take advantage of today.
Auto Insurance Discounts:
- Good Driver Discount: If you haven’t been convicted of a moving violation or been in an at-fault accident in three to five years, (depending on the insurance provider), you might qualify for as high as a 20% rate reduction.
- Good Student Discount: Here is one more reason to make sure you, your son or daughter does their homework. If a full-time student has a 3.0 grade point average or better, he/she might qualify for a substantial rate discount. Insurance companies do extensive research to determine what factors indicate that policyholders will be better drivers. They have found that good grades correlate to fewer at-fault accidents. This discount varies by insurance company.
- Professional Degree Discount: More and more insurance companies are offering discounts for customers who have an advanced degree. If you are an educator, engineer/scientist, accountant or a member of the LA County Bar Association you may be eligible for a discount.
This is only a partial list of available discounts. For a more complete list or to discuss your policy please call your TMIB at 310-828-9662. We look forward to speaking with you soon.