- General Liability
- Bars & Restaurants
- Business Auto Insurance
- Commercial Earthquake Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Property Damage Coverage
- Umbrella & Excess Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation
- Business Insurance Quote
- Life/Group Health
- TMIB Blog
- Fun Stuff
- About TMIB
Thanksgiving is a day for family, football, and, of course, food. However, according to a recent press release from State Farm, Thanksgiving is the number one day for fire insurance claims across America with California ranking 6th. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, there are approximately 2,000 Thanksgiving Day fires annually, causing $21 million in property damage. Tegner-Miller Insurance Brokers has compiled a few tips to help keep your Thanksgiving happy and safe:
Deep fried turkey While this is a tasty and fun way to prepare a turkey, it is also the number one cause of Thanksgiving Day fires. To help prevent frying accidents:
- Always use your turkey fryer outdoors and away from any flammable objects,
- Always completely thaw your turkey before frying it. The water in a frozen or partially frozen bird can react violently with the hot oil, causing oil to spill out of the fryer.
- Make sure that the oil in the pot is at the appropriate level
- Lower the turkey into the pot slowly to prevent excess spillage.
- Never let children or pets near the fryer
- If a fire does occur, never use water to extinguish it. Grease fires should only be put out with an all-purpose fire extinguisher.
Have an all-purpose fire extinguisher in the kitchen
Don’t leave cooking/baking food unattended
Don’t leave dishcloths or other flammables near or on the stove
Never wear long, loose sleeves while cooking
We are excited about our new logo and website.
We hope our redesigned site will allow our current and future customers to easily view the many types of insurance that Tegner-Miller Insurance Brokers is able to assist them with.
Our blog will provide timely information about various insurance coverages that are important to our customers as well as reminders and tips to our customers as they relate to insurance and risk management. One of our top goals is to help our customers prevent a claim from ever happening. But if one does, make sure our customer is prepared and be there to assist them.
Don’t forget to visit our Fun Stuff page where we will post contests and other fun things!
We have been in Santa Monica for over 110 years helping Southern Californians with their insurance. In these days of call centers and outsourcing, TMIB prides itself on being your neighborhood insurance agent. We even make house calls!