How to Respond to a Burglary in My Home – Burglary Checklist Part 2
1. If your home has been broken into, your first concern should be your own safety. Get out of the house and to a safe place as quickly as possible. Do not try to save any valuables.
2. Immediately call 911. Be sure to give them the most accurate and complete information available and tell them where they can find you once they arrive at your home.
3. If your windows were shattered or the door lock was broken, arrange for a window replacement company, locksmith or carpenter to repair the damages as soon as possible. Many of these companies offer 24 hour service. If you feel unsafe sleeping at home before the repairs are made, arrange to stay at a hotel or with family or friends.
4. Contact your insurance company/agent as soon as possible to report the burglary and file an insurance claim. Obtain a copy of the police report (when it becomes available). Use the list or video you made of your valuables to help you and the insurance company determine the cost of replacement or repairs.
5. Do not be afraid to reach out for support. Burglaries can be extremely traumatizing experiences.
To learn more about how your insurance policy protects you in the event of a burglary, please call TMIB at (310) 828-9662. Also, be sure to check out Part 1 of our burglary checklist “How to Prepare for the Chance of a Home Burglary” by visiting: www.tmib.com click on Blog.