Happy 4th of July!
As Angelinos gather to celebrate 237 years since the signing of the Declaration of Independence, we urge all of our clients, family and friends to enjoy this great holiday as safely as possible.
We thought it would be fun to share some maybe not so well know facts about the 4th of July:
- Three presidents have died on the 4th of July: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe, (Presidents Adams and Jefferson each signed the Declaration of Independence and died on July 4, 1826).
- The Bristol, Rhode Island 4th of July parade is the oldest continuous Independence Day celebration in the US. The town has thrown the celebration every year since 1785.
- The U.S Census reports that over the average 4th of July holiday, Americans consume 150 million hot dogs.
- 4th of July is the biggest beer selling holiday of the year, the other top five, in order are: Labor Day, Memorial Day, Fathers Days and Christmas
- The American Pyrotechnics Association (APA) estimates that more than 14,000 fireworks displays light up the US skies each 4th of July.
- The Declaration of Independence was not signed on July 4th. John Hancock and Charles Thomson, Secretary of Congress, signed on July 4th, however most of the other signers signed on August 2nd, 1776. July 4th is the date shown on the Declaration.
- Nathan’s Coney Island location holds an annual hot dog eating contest every July 4th
TMIB wishes you a happy and safe Independence Day.