2014 South Napa Earthquake
The recent earthquake in South Napa is a stark reminder of the importance of earthquake readiness. Earthquakes may only last 10-20 seconds, but can cause millions, if not billions, of dollars in damage.
As time passes, we all become complacent with being prepared for the next earthquake.
Tegner-Miller has put together some helpful ideas so you can be prepared for the next “big one”
• Stock up on at least a one week supply of water, food, and prescription medicine for your family. (Don’t forget to include items for your pets)
• Assemble a disaster kit that has, at a minimum, a flashlight, batteries, first aid kit, blankets, and cash. (ATMs might be affected)
• Create an emergency plan for your family to ensure communication after a disaster. This should include an out of state contact in case local phone service is interrupted.
• Make sure you installed an earthquake gas shut-off valve for your home which everyone in your household knows how to use (and operate).
• Review your earthquake insurance coverage now. Most insurance policies have completely changed from what was available 20 years ago. Do you have adequate coverage?
Now is a good time to review earthquake insurance with Tegner-Miller Insurance Brokers.
Your home is one of your largest assets. Make sure you have the right coverage before the next earthquake strikes. Please call us at 310-828-9662 and we will be happy to assist you.